1. Fixed the shower
2. Cleaned all upholstery fabric
3. Took out the RV on its maiden voyage
So, turned out that when I went to turn on the shower for the first time, water started spraying out of the base like crazy, instead of traveling through the hose as it should. I took it apart and found that one of the plastic "T" adapters was cracked in half! After some research, I found out that I needed to replace the entire faucet, so I bought one of these cheap:
I also spent a weekend cleaning the upholstery. Even though everything appeared pretty clean, I wanted to bring everything back to brand new condition. I uncovered all of the cushions/mattresses, and though the labels said 'dry clean only' I threw the covers into the wash, on a COLD setting with some detergeant. After the wash, I hung them all out on a line to dry for the afternoon (rather than risk shrinkage in the dryer.....).
![]() |
| Airing out the upholstery in the backyard. |
At the same time, I aired out all the foam cushions in the backyard with some baking soda, and hit them with febreeze. I found that it was very effective for removing stale odors.
![]() |
| Baking soda and Febreeze |
After all this, we put everything back in the trailer, and it all smelled like springtime=)
One more thing I spent an afternoon doing was sanitizing the fresh water plumbing system, using bleach. It was not too difficult after watching YouTube and referring to this link.
_____
The following weekend for my birthday, we took the RV out on its maiden voyage! My sister Sarah and her boyfriend came over, and we ended up going to Brimfield MA, to check out the awesome fleamarket and camp out for a couple nights. We stayed at the Oak Haven Family Campground (great place). Here is a picture of our campsite.
![]() |
| Kira seemed very concerned that we had become transients. |
One of the main things I learned was that we need to invest in an entry rug/mat.... It was unreal how much dirt got tracked inside even though we did try to brush off our shoes! Also, learned how to "hook up" properly! I connected and used the sewage hose with no mishaps, connected the fresh water tank, and electricity (shore power). It was all very interesting.



No comments:
Post a Comment